This site has been launched in reaction to the decision of the PCS NEC to suspend NEC and Group elections for up to 12 months. As the statement makes clear below ‘The sole purpose of this campaign is for NEC and GEC elections to be held to be held at the usual time or if that does not happen then they must be held as soon as possible and for the union’s constitution, as presently drafted, regarding elections to be followed’. This campaign is not factional.
The two undersigned branches call on other branches to support the following statement and send delegate(s) to a campaign meeting in Manchester on the 17th of January:
The decision by the emergency NEC in late December 2014 to suspend NEC and group elections was wrong.
- We will work together in a campaign to seek to get that decision overturned and for NEC and group elections to be held at the usual time. If that does not happen then they must be held as soon as possible.
- We will agree motions or a motion for the ADC that will achieve elections as soon as possible after the conference.
- We will seek to get as many branches as possible to agree this statement.
- We will use social media (be it a blog, Facebook page etc.) to gather support for our campaign in the union and in the wider labour movement
- We accept and respect that each branch will have differing views on who to support in elections. The sole purpose of this campaign is for NEC and GEC elections to be held to be held at the usual time or if that does not happen then they must be held as soon as possible.
R&C Bootle St Johns House Branch
DWP East London Branch
Please add your branches or your individual support by filling-out the ‘Support the campaign’ box below. Please note by doing so your name or that of your branch will then appear on this site.
There will be a campaign meeting on Saturday the 17th of January in Manchester. This will run from 13:00 – 17:00 at the Mechanics Institute on Princess Street. Map here.